Friday, June 11, 2010

Weaving twisted ponytails

This hairstyle was inspired by Hairstyles For Girls - The Story Of A Princess And Her Hair. I changed a couple things from hers. For Madison I included the "bangs" because I don't have any clips. I desperately need to make a trip to Sally's. We used the Got 2b smooth operator again. It does very good at controlling the fly a ways. I've used it all week and it makes for nice hair control. I haven't used it on myself yet. I will probably today but I typically only have fly a ways when it's in a pony. For this hairstyle I first parted out the square and then parted it in to 4 ponytails securing them as I go. After the pony's were set I divided the front 2 pony's in to 3 and twisted each section (one pony at a time). Then I secured a rubber band at the end of those 3 twists so that I could weave easier. I then took the other pony and twisted the 3 sections and had Madison hold each twisted one till I was done. Then I took one at a time and weaved through the other twist and secured them to the pony diagonal from the one I was weaving so the pony's are diagonal. Then I took the 3 twists that were secured just with a rubber band and refreshed the twists and secured them to the pony.

4 comments:

  1. Very, Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Her hair turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute and her hair is adorable in the plethora of styles you do. May I ask which hair bands you use and what your experience is with them breaking? I've found that if the hair products I use have lots of oils, it weakens and greatly shortens the life span of the bands. Have you found this to be true as well? After looking through your blog, I'm hoping my girls will let me play with their hair some soon...since Buttercup joined us, I've not done much at all as far as styling goes.

    ReplyDelete