Saturday, October 31, 2009

First day of School

So this is the hairstyle I sent Priss to school in on her first day of preschool which was also picture day. Pre-school starts in Oct. here. I got the inspiration from http://www.princesshairstyles.com/2009/09/hairstyle-for-picture-day.html. I changed it just a little because Priss has short hair and on the sides in the front it is thin. I don't have step by step instructions because I wasn't planning on doing a blog when I did the hairstyle a couple weeks ago.
Here's what it looks like from a top view. This was actually my practice shot the day before :). So I parted from Ear to ear and then I did the bangs in the front. To keep the bangs out of the way I combed them all to the front. Because Madison's hair is thin on the sides in front still I did the braid from ear to ear so all the little hairs don't do fly-a-ways. When I get to just above the ear I secure all braid peices in one hand while I comb the bangs in to perfect position and that is the hair I add on to the braid on one side. I braid a couple more times and then tie off with a rubber band and place the bow. For the back I comb out one more time to make sure not tangles (finger combed in the bath first) and then I scrunch it up so the curls show again.

No comments:

Post a Comment